How To Get More Hits On Your Website – Top 10 Tips
We all want to drive traffic to our website so that our online venture can be successful.
Here are top 10 tips to get traffic i.e. more hits on your website:
- Submit your website to top 3 Search Engines:
- To Google from http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
- To Bing from http://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url
- To Yahoo from http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
Note- Yahoo search results are now powered by Microsoft owned Bing.
Submission to search engines is necessary so that people when search about your company, product, keyword etc on a Search Engine than they can find your website.
- Create stunning videos and upload to YouTube and other Video sharing websites like Vimeo, Blip, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Veoh and Hulu. Your video must show your website URL at the beginning and at the end of video clip and also in description area of video so that people can see your URL and visit the website. Make an informative video or a video that can help people in some way and it will automatically send traffic to your site.
- Share you website URL on Facebook and it will motivate your friends to click on it. Further many of your friends on Facebook will like it too and then their friends will also see it, ultimately you will get lots of hits to your website for free. You can keep sharing your new articles and pages to get regular flow of traffic on your website. You can also create a business page on Facebook for free.
- Write good articles related to the subject of your website and submit to popular Article directories like Ezinearticles, Buzzle, Goarticles, Freeuniquearticles and Gather.You need to put your website URL in author bio box that generally comes at the end of article and if users will like you article then they will also click on your URL in author bio box.
- Share your website URL among your followers on Twitter. At this time Twitter is the most popular micro blogging site where you can send messages called tweets to your followers. It has very great potential if used wisely.You can also install social sharing buttons for facebook, twitter etc on your website so that people can click on them and share your web page with their friends.
- Create creative images and post them on your site and than users will share it on Pinterest. Today, Pinterest is a very popular social networking website for image sharing where users create boards on various topics and pin(share) their favorite image in those boards. It works similar to twitter and facebook and it can send a lot of hits if images posted on your site are good and attract your visitors.You can post funny images, informative images, info graphics etc and people will just love to share it with their friends on Pinterest and that will send lot of hits to your web site.
- Submit your website to Yellow pages and local directories like Yellowpages.com, Superpages.com, Yellowbook.com, Yellow.com, Whitepages.com etc. Look for directories which are popular in your country. People searching for any services in their city can than reach your website through these kind of sites.
- Post your advertisement for free on top Classified ads websites like Craigslist.org, ClassifiedAds.com, Kijiji.com, USFreeAds.com, Backpage.com, Gumtree.com, Oodle.com and Olx.com. Just post your advert describing your site/services along with your website URL on these classified ad websites and users will hit your website while searching on these sites.
- Use PPC(Pay Per Click) programs like Google Adwords and Microsoft adCenter for Bing and Yahoo.This is a paid option but will send solid traffic to your website that will convert very well. Your website will show as sponsored listing on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and you will get hits when people will search for your keywords. You need to pay for every click that people do on your Ad listing in search engines.
- Last but the most effective technique is SEO(Search Engine Optimization). You need to get your website rank high on search engines for your keywords so that people when search for your keyword e.g. “flowers in New York” than they must see your website on top of search results. If your site is good than people will share its link on their website, blog and social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc and ultimately you will rank high on search engines.
You also need to make sure that your site is as per Search engine guidelines.
Read more about it at Google – http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291
Also don’t forget to read the SEO starter guide by Google – http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
Just follow these steps and get ready to receive lot of hits on your website.
And don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook and Twitter account.